Meals: Coffee, Lunch at a local restaurant, dinner at a Hanoian home
Hanoi, capital of Vietnam, is one of South East Asia’s most unique, fascinating and culturally rich cities. The ubiquity of motor scooters, Vietnam’s primary mode of transportation, epitomizes Hanoi’s love affair with two wheels. Experience the thrill of exploring Hanoi on the back of a scooter with your own personal driver, a great way to navigate the city with the freedom to enjoy Hanoi minus the hassle of driving yourself. Zoom Zoom’s Scooter Tour is guaranteed to be a highlight of your Hanoi visit.
- Hanoi, the 1000 year-old capital rich with color, history, and cuisine
- West Lake: Hanoi’s largest lake, popular for recreation with it’s surrounding gardens.
- Tran Quoc Pagoda: the oldest pagoda in Vietnam, dating from the 6th Century.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: the final resting place of Vietnam’s revered former president. Minh’s body is embalmed here and open for viewing much of the year.
- The Temple of Literature: Built in 1070 is considered Vietnam’s first University and a Temple of Confucius.
- Experienced personal motorbike driver
- Excellent professional English speaking guide
- Local life: See people in their daily lives – farmers working their gardens, market places, school children and communal gatherings.
- City attractions: (see destinations above)
- Tasty Hanoi cuisine
- A tailor-made program just for you! If you have special interests, please let us know in advance.
8am– Meet your experience English speaking guide who is your personal driver as well at your hotel. The tour begins with a drive through the Old Quarter of Hanoi, passing the Dong Xuan Market, the ancient citadel gates and arriving at West Lake.
9:300am- We will drive along West Lake, taste one of Hanoi’s specialties- fried shrimp cakes and then enjoy a cup of traditional Vietnamese coffee or fresh coconut juice.
10:30am – We will visit Tran Quoc Pagoda with its gorgeous views of West Lake. Located on an islet of the lake, it is the oldest pagoda in Vietnam, steeped in history dating to the 6th century, with 15th century restorations.
11:00am- Passing by the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum we will have the opportunity to take pictures then continue our visit to the Temple of Literature.
Noon – 12:30pm– Lunch at a restaurant in the Old Quarter
1:30pm – Following lunch we continue driving around Hoan Kiem Lake to Long Bien Bridge. Designed by French architects, the bridge was constructed in 1899-1903 using more than 3,000 laborers. At that time it was one of the longest bridges in Asia.
3:30pm– We’ll relax at Zoom’s home/office with a cup of tea or a cold beer, then proceed to the local neighborhood markets and learn about the different foods while shopping for dinner. Once back at Zoom’s, you will have the opportunity to help make several traditional Hanoian dishes, chat about the day…or just relax. Enjoying a traditional homemade Hanoian dinner cooked and served by a local chef, is a delightful conclusion to an adventurous day.
PRICES: Minimum price = $170 or participants. Maximum: 4 people/group
$85/person for 2 people
$80/person for 3-4 people
- Meals and beverages as specified in the program and coffee breaks throughout the day
- Personal motorbike driver plus the services of an experienced English-speaking guide • Good quality helmets
- All entrance fees
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Gratuities and personal expenses