Catba is situated in Ha Long Bay, 50 km to the east of Hai Phong City, in Northern Vietnam. It is the largest of 366 islands in the Cat Ba Archipelago, and has a surface area of about 140 square km. The Cat Ba Archipelago shares the distinctive rugged appearance and scenic beauty of the Ha Long Bay Area that was declared a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site, in 1994. The area is one of the best examples in the world of a Karst landscape invaded by the sea. Some 1500-2000 large and small islands and cliffs rise steeply from the shallow marine waters.
- Hai Phong City
- Catba island
- Viet Hai village
- Lan Ha bay
- The most stunningly beautiful and peaceful and bike ride along the coast
- Kayaking in totally protected area of Lan Ha Bay
- Cycling in quiet and charming Viet Hai fishing village
- Staying at a peaceful private Eco Lodge Resort outside of the busy Cat Ba town
- Stunning view of Cat Ba on the top Kim Giao Mountain
TOUR STYLE: Private tour, Beautiful landscape, Local life style
Day 1: Hanoi – Hai Phong – Cat Ba Island (Cycling more or less than 30km)
Meals: Breakfast on the train, lunch at a local restaurant, dinner at Resort
We get the right sized bikes from the night before. At 5:00am your private tour guide will meet you at your hotel. All together, we cycle to the main train station on Tran Quy Cap street. Zoom Zoom already purchase the train tickets before hand, so everything will go very smoothly. The train leaves at 6am sharp. It takes about 2.5hour to Hai Phong city. From Hai Phong city, we get on our bike, cycle about 10 minutes to Ben Binh speed boat terminal. We will take the 9am one. The speed boat ride is pleasant and takes about 50minute to get to Cat Ba island. Arrive downtown Cat Ba island around 10am. Then cycling around Cat Ba down town to discover the area. Lunch at local restaurant, visiting Cat Ba national park and hospital cave. Continue cycling to Cat Ba Eco Lodge Resort where we are going to stay over night. You will enjoy the most stunningly beautiful and peaceful and bike ride ever. You will surround with the natural and clean fresh air with gorgeous views.
Road condition: nice, smooth, quiet and hilly roads.
Day 2: Cycling on Cat Ba Island ( Cycling more or less 35km)
Meals: Breakfast at Resort, lunch at a local restaurant, dinner at a local restaurant
The Eco Lodge is a very nice comfortable place to stay. In the morning, get up, walk around the area and enjoy our breakfast where there is beautiful garden setting. Start our day cycling along the Coast. The ride today is very hilly because we will cycle and cross a couple of moutain. Enjoy beautiful landscapes along the coast. Going toward Dinh Vu and Cai Vieng ferry and turn around back to Cat Ba down town. Over night at a hotel in town.
The next morning, a van will come to our hotel and pick us up at 10am. We will drive very short distance to Ben Beo harbor where the junk waits for us for a journey on the bay
Road condition: nice, smooth, quiet and hilly roads
PRIVATE JUNK CRUISING ON LAN HA BAY -HA LONG BAY – BAI TU LONG BAY (2 days/1 night )
Return Cat Ba early afternoon on the next day because you need to travel back to Hanoi on the last speed boat of the day at 2pm.
Day 3 (Cruising on the Bay, cycling at Viet Hai fishing village)
Meals: Breakfast at hotel, lunch and dinner on the boat
- 10:00am – Welcome on board. The junk will cruise you on the bay and pass by the floating village.
- Enjoy fresh seafood lunch on Lan Ha bay.
- Keep cruising to the most scenic areas of the bay with hundreds of beautiful islands.
- Continue cruising further to see the unique Halong bay.
- Anchor and do kayaking through the narrow lagoons and tunnel caves called Hang Ca (the Bat Cave).
- Cruise to Bai Trai Dao beaches. Free for swimming and relax to enjoy the sunset on the bay.
- Anchor at a calm water area for dinner and experience the peaceful night on the junk among beautiful mountains.
Day 4 (Cruising on the Bay)
Meals: Breakfast on the boat, lunch at a local restaurant
- Wake up to see the dawn on the bay and then have breakfast.
- The boat takes you to see some other parts of the bay.
- Visit the floating fish farm. You will learn how the local people there make their livings.
- Continue cruising further to see the unique Halong bay.
- Enjoy the last swimming on the bay.
- 11 AM get off the boat to Cat Ba.
- Walk around Cat Ba town, beaches and local market with your private guide.
- Have lunch in a local restaurant
- Take the speed boat from Cat Ba to Hai Phong at 2:00pm. When you reach Hai Phong city, your private car already wait for you there outside the station. Drive back to Hanoi and arrive Hanoi around 5:00pm
Depending on your group size because Zoom Zoom only organize private tours, no open tours. The costs of the mountain bikes and private car back to Hanoi and the Junk boat will be will be different depending on your group size. Please let Zoom Zoom know your group size, then we will send you the cost in details.
- Train tickets from Hanoi to Hai Phong
- Good condition mountain bikes rental for 4 days
- Support van
- Private car from Hai Phong to Hanoi
- Speed boat tickets round trip from Hai Phong city to Cat Ba and back to Hai Phong
- Private van on the island
- All meals as specified in the program
- One night staying at a peaceful and beautiful Catba Eco Lodge Resort
- One night staying at a hotel down town Cat Ba island
- Private Junk
- All entrance fees across Ha Long Bay
- an experienced English-speaking guide for your 3 days
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Beverages, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance
* Important Note Zoom Zoom endeavor to keep the trip as safe as possible but ultimately you are responsible for your own safety and we are not liable for any damage or personal injury.