This trip is specially designed for bicycle lovers. Not too far outside our city of Hanoi we will experience everything: lush green rice fields waving gently in the breeze; crossing bridges; peaceful rivers and lakes; hidden trails, lively alleys in Lại Hoàng village; quiet pagodas & temples; endless green veggie gardens not to mention other wonderful experiences. Altogether, it is a perfect cycling trip to the countryside around Hanoi. It is one of the closest places, where you can see the real countryside of Northern Vietnam.
- Lại Hoàng Village
- Local life: cyclists shall get a good grasp of how local people’s lives unfold – from farmers working on their fields and gardens (wet rice cultivation) to children riding a bicycle to school (education system) and even daily chores such as shopping for grocery or communal gathering
- Local history, culture, believes, relationship are well reflected by visiting or passing by pagodas, temples and shrines
- A tailor-made program just for you!
About 45km round trip from Long Bien Bridge.
Easy, flat, pleasant ride and some off-road and some traffic in the city and about 500m with busy road after Duong bridge and before entering the vilalge
08:00am – Our tour guide will come to your hotel to meet you. If your hotel is located in the heart of the Old Quarter, the one-day cycling tour begins with a short walk through the Hanoi’s Old Quarter. You will walk through the Dong Xuan market, the ancient gate of the citadel of Hanoi and the Long Bien Bridge before arriving at the departure point. If you stay a little further outside of the Old Quarter, we will take a taxi to the bike rental place.
8:30am – After a brief introduction how to the use of our mountain bicycles, then off we go, leaving behind the hustle and bustle of the city, we begin our adventure by cycling crossing the Red River on Long Biên bridge. Continue cycling to Ngoc Thuy village.
9:00am – Pedal through Ngoc Thuy along the banks of the Duong River, and from village to village, where we can see many traditional houses, pagodas, temples, local markets and be caught in the beautiful rice paddy fields and vegetable gardens. We can rest at any “local bar” place to get a cup of coffee, green tea or sugarcane juice whenever we are tired. One of the highlights of this trip is a small ride on a hidden trail with the view of a nice lake.
Noon– Cycle back to Lại Hoàng village on another beautiful, quiet, peaceful road. Have our picnic lunch surrounded by rice paddies and beautiful scenery. After lunch, take a stroll to the rice fields and veggie gardens in the village. Then, we will pedal through some other villages, to the Đuống bridge, and back to Hanoi.
At around 05.00 pm- Reach the bike rental place. After returning the mountain bikes, we take a taxi or car back to your hotel.Trip ends
PRICES (Valid from 01/01/2015 to 31/12/2015)
Maximum: 8 people/group
Price per person above is valid for a group of minimum 2 participants. If you your group is more than 2 people, the price is $60/person
Discounted rates are available for larger groups. Please contact Zoom Zoom at email@example.com
Please, kindly be informed that all Zoom Zoom trips are private/personalized trips and they are on a first come first served basis.
• Meals as specified in the program and coffee breaks through out the day
• Mountain bike and safety gear
• The services of an experienced English-speaking guide
• All entrance fees
• Beverages, gratuities and personal expenses.
* Important: We endeavor to keep the trip as safe as possible but ultimately you are responsible for your own safety and Zoom is not liable for any damage or personal injury.