Meals Included: Coffee Break, Lunch, Coffee/Drink Break and Dinner
This Cycle Tour is recommended for those looking for something more active and adventurous. It is a perfect way to experience Hanoi’s major sights, its people, activities, temples and local cuisine — all in one day! Begin the tour with a short walk from your hotel to the bike store. Cycle through Hanoi’s back roads, small lanes and busy streets. We’ll finish the tour by preparing and enjoying a traditional Hanoian meal.
HIGHLIGHTS & DESTINATIONS
- Hanoi, the 1000 year-old capital city rich with color, history, and cuisine
- Local life: See people in their daily lives – activities, farmers working their gardens, market places, school children and communal gatherings.
- West Lake: Hanoi’s largest lake, popular for recreation with it’s surrounding gardens.
- Tran Quoc Pagoda: the oldest pagoda in Vietnam, dating from the 6th Century.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: The final resting place of Vietnam’s revered former president. Minh’s body is embalmed here and open for viewing much of the year.
- The Temple of Literature: Built in 1070 is considered Vietnam’s first University and a Temple of Confucius,.
- Hoa Lo Prison: Used first by the French, it later became famous as the ‘Hanoi Hilton’, holding American POWs during the American/Vietnamese War. US Senator John McCain was imprisoned here after his plane was shot down.
- Tasty Hanoi cuisine
- A tailor-made program just for you! If you have special interests, please let us know in advance.
TOUR STYLE: Local Life & Culture, Local Food, Easy Cycling
TOUR LENGTH: Begins @8am until @7pm
8am: For Private One-Day Cycling Tours, you will be met at your hotel by our tour guide. The tour begins with a short walk through the Old Quarter of Hanoi. (For larger Group Tours, a designated meeting point will be set)
8:15am: After a brief introduction about the bikes and rules of the road, we will cycle a short distance to the shores of West Lake for a cup of traditional Vietnamese coffee or fresh coconut juice.
9:00am: Ride along the shores of West Lake and visit Tran Quoc Pagoda.
9:30am: Cycle passing The Ho Chi Minh mausoleum.
11:00am: Cycle to the Temple of Literature, stopping to enjoy a drink in route.
12:00am: Back to the Old Quarter for a lunch of ‘Bun Cha’–BBQ pork over rice noodles, a specialty of Hanoi.
1:00pm: After lunch, we have the opportunity to visit Hoa Lo Prison and the north gate of the ancient citadel in Hanoi.
3:30pm: Final stop: Zoom’s charming Vietnamese home to cook a traditional Hanoian dinner. This is a hands-on opportunity to learn about & prepare the local cuisine…OR… just sit back, relax (have a beer) and enjoy watching the process. The end result promises to reward the day of hard work as well as your taste buds.
PRICES (Valid from 01/01/2015 to 31/12/2015)
Maximum: 8 people/group
Price per person above is valid for a group of minimum 2 participants. If you your group is more than 3 people, the cost is $80/person.
Discounted rates are available for larger groups. Please contact Zoom Zoom at email@example.com
• Coffee Break, Lunch, Coffee/Drink Break and Dinner
Good Condition Mountain bike and safety gear
• The services of an experienced English-speaking guide
• All entrance fees
• Hotel in Hanoi
• Extra beverages, gratuities and personal expenses.
* Important: We endeavor to keep the trip as safe as possible but ultimately you are responsible for your own safety and Zoom is not liable for any damage or personal injury.